Admission with an international degree
Application periode ends: for Non-EU Nationals and for EU-Nationals: March 1, 2022
The application portal for the next intake will re-open in December 2021/January 2022. Please apply as soon as possible as we assess the application continuously; please finalize your application asap and do not wait until the deadline. We do not have a quota.
Step 1: Check your eligibility
To be eligible for admission to the IFBC Master programme, you
- hold a Bachelor degree with a minimum duration of six semesters (180 ECTS credits or equivalent), in nutrition, food or agricultural sciences, or related fields e.g. food technology
- with grade B (2.5 according to the German grading system) or better
- certify sufficient language proficiency in English as a Non-native speaker by
- Previous studies conducted entirely in English
- or evidence of having successfully completed a language course if a final certificate was issued of level C1 or equivalent (>> link to web page University of Kassel) based on the Common Framework of Reference for Languages (CEF)
- or International language certificate of level B2 according to the Common Framework of Reference for Languages (CEF) only if you as anapplicant have been working at least one year in an organisation where the communication is English within the last two years prior to the application.
Step 2: Apply for the programme
Applications from students with international qualifications - regardless which nationalities, need to be processed online by uni-assist.
+++The Kassel University is in charge of the application process for the IFBC applicants. You find all application information on the central website @KasselUniversity.
Step 3: Do not miss the application deadlines
Application deadlines are for
- Non-EU Nationals who have earned a first degree outside Germany - March 1
- EU-Nationals who have earned a first degree outside Germany - March 1
We urge you to submit your application well before the deadlines. Applications should be submitted as early as possible. The admission board assess the applications continously.
Entry is yearly in winter term, only.
- status 12/2021 subject to changes -
Step 4: Pay the handling fee
The handling fees for a first application at a uni-assist member university is EUR 75.
For each additional desired course of study the fee is EUR 30.
Status: March 2018 - please check on the uni-assist website for details.
Who do I contact with further questions?
About the application: If you have any questions about the application procedure, your application or the application documents, please contact the master’s degree office: masterstudium(at)uni-kassel.de. If you already have an applicant’s number, please make sure that you quote this in your e-mail.
About technical problems: If you have technical problems, please use the uni-assist contact form: uni-assist contact form.
About the course content: If you have any questions about the course structure and the course content of a master’s degree course, please contact the programme coordinators of the Master programm in Witzenhausen or in Fulda - see below.