Practitioner Training in Midwifery and the Health System (university certificate)
At a glance
- Study programme
- Practitioner Training in Midwifery and the Health System (university certificate)
- Nursing and Health Sciences
- Type of programme
- Continuing university education
- Standard Duration
- 11 month
- Start of study programme
Usually held annually
- Admission Requirements
- The training programme is aimed at midwives and representatives of other health professions who offer students practical instruction. Participants must have completed training in a health-related profession.
- Language of instructions
- Application Deadline
- The application deadline is approximately four weeks before the start of each module.
- External Partners
- In cooperation with the Deutscher Hebammenverband e.V. (DHV)
- Specific Features
- Die berufsbegleitende Weiterbildung ist kostenpflichtig.
What Is This Programme About?
The training programme trains midwives and representatives of other health professions on a part-time basis to become practice instructors. They learn to give students practical instruction and guide and support them in their individual learning process. Practitioner training combines theoretical and practical learning settings and is an important part of the training network.
Why Choose This Programme?
The programme is aimed at midwives and representatives of other health professions who offer students practical instruction.
How is the programme structured?
The Practitioner Training in Midwifery programme covers a total of 210 hours of on-campus phases and periods of independent study.
The on-campus phase at Fulda University of Applied Sciences consists of five self-contained blocks held over the period of almost one year.
The programme also includes 160 hours of practical instruction. This takes place at the participant's own institution.
Where does it lead?
At the end of the programme, participants are awarded a certificate issued jointly by Fulda University of Applied Sciences and the Deutscher Hebammenverband (7 ECTS). After successfully completing the examination, participants may use the state-recognised title of Practice Instructor According to the Continuing Education Act for Nursing for the State of Hesse (WPO) in accordance with the Continuing Education Act for the State of Hesse.