The Fulda pre-study programme (Fulda Pre-Study) gives you the best possible start to your studies as an international student in Germany. The programme provides insight into the German university system and the German language and culture as well as subject-specific preparation for your degree programme. Extensive support is offered to programme participants in the form of academic guidance and student-to-student mentoring.
Fulda Pre-Study is designed for applicants for the following programmes:
- MA in Intercultural Communication and European Studies (ICEUS)
- MEng in Electrical Engineering & Information Technology
- MSc in Applied Computer Science
- MSc in Global Software Development
- MA in International Management
- MSc in Public Health
- BEng in Electrical Engineering and Information Technology
- BEng in Engineering and Management
- BA in International Business Administration
- BSc in Applied Computer Science
- BSc in Digital Media
- BSc in Business Informatics
- BSc in Food Technology
- BSc in Nursing
- BSc in Health Promotion
- BSc in Health Care Management
- BSc in Health Economics and Health Policy
- BSc in Physiotherapy
- BSc in E-Health
- BSc in Midwifery
See curriculum and courses for details of the academic content of the programme.
Programme duration: 1 semester directly preceding admission to a degree programme
Summer semester 2017
13 February - 4 August 2017: Applicants with level B1 German skills (CEFR). A B2-level examination has to be passed in April in order to continue with the DSH programme.
18 April - 4 August 2017: Applicants with level B2 German skills (CEFR) or higher and applicants without German skills.
Teaching hours: Approx 400 x 45 minutes; from Monday to Friday, 5 to 7 hours each day
Languages of instruction
MA in ICEUS: English and German
MSc in Global Software Development: English
All others: German
Credits: 30 ECTS credits