The Fulda Pre-study Programme gives you the best possible start to your studies as an international student in Germany. The programme provides insight into the German university system and the German language and culture as well as subject-specific preparation for your degree programme. Extensive support is offered to programme participants in the form of academic guidance and student-to-student mentoring.
The Fulda Pre-study Programme is designed for applicants for the following programmes:
- MA Intercultural Communication and European Studies (ICEUS)
- MEng Electrical Engineering & Information Technology
- MSc Applied Computer Science
- MSc Global Software Development
- MA International Management
- MSc Public Health
- BEng Electrical Engineering and Information Technology
- BEng Engineering and Management
- BA International Business Administration
- BSc Applied Computer Science
- BSc Digital Media
- BSc Business Informatics
- BSc Food Technology
- BSc Nursing
- BSc Health Promotion
- BSc Health Care Management
- BSc Health Economics and Health Policy
- BSc Physiotherapy
- BSc E-Health
- BSc Midwifery
See curriculum and courses for details on the academic content of the programme.
Programme duration: 1 semester directly preceding admission to a degree programme
Summer semester 2017
13 February - 4 August 2017: Applicants with level B1 German skills (CEFR). A B2-level examination has to be passed in April in order to continue with DSH-course.
18 April - 4 August 2017: Applicants with level B2 German skills (CEFR) or higher and applicants without German skills.
Teaching hours: Approx 400 x 45 minutes; from Monday to Friday, 5 to 7 hours each day
Languages of instruction:
MA ICEUS students: English and German
MSc Global Software Development: English
All others: German
Credits: 30 ECTS credits