Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.)
What is it all about?
The study programme enables dietitians to obtain an academic degree (B.Sc. Dietetics). Dietitians are experts in the fields of clinical nutrition, diet therapy and nutrition counselling. They can help people understand the relationship between nutrition and disease and have a special role in the management and treatment of diseases such as diabetes, cancer, gastrointestinal diseases, malnutrition, food allergies and intolerances.
To join this study programme you need to attend a three years' education and training programme at a vocational training school followed by the successful completion of a state examination as a dietitian. The study programme offers a qualification comparable to the requirements abroad.
This provides new opportunities for research and development in dietetics. As a graduate, you will be able to develop, implement and evaluate strategies and concepts in the field of dietetics.
Why choose this programme?
- have a (special) higher education entrance qualification,
- have successfully completed the vocational training with a state examination as a dietitian in Germany,
- are interested in nutrition and diet therapy,
- like to work with clients/patients,
- have good German language skills (International students require a DSH 2 level in German language proficiency by the day of enrolment. At the time of application a lower level is sufficient),
then this might be the right study programme for you.
How is the programme structured?
The duration of the study programme is six semesters. Once you have completed your training programme at a vocational training school, you will be awarded 45 ECTS and will complete the study programme within five semesters. Teaching, applied sciences and research are closely intertwined in the curriculum. The different modules in the dietetics undergraduate programme build on one another. You will apply theoretical principles and research methods to case studies taken from clinical practice. You will work in project groups focusing on general dietetics aspects and thereby gain insight into professional practice. Your studies will provide you with the scientific knowledge and methods necessary to work in the field of dietetics.
Acceptance onto the study programme dietetics is subject to entry requirements (NC).
Having completed your undergraduate studies in dietetics, you may
- offer diet therapy and nutritional counselling to individuals or small groups
- apply in practice the scientific dietetics expertise acquired
- develop, implement and evaluate strategies and concepts in the field of dietetics.
Potential employers include hospitals and clinics, rehabilitation facilities, nursing homes, health insurance providers, research institutes and manufacturers of dietary foods. Upon graduation, you may also choose to enroll on a master's degree programme.
Online InfoSessions Diätetik (dual), BSc
Du interessierst dich für die Bachelor-Studiengänge Diätetik (dual)?to event