The Hessian state government allows universities to return to face-to-face study if certain rules and precautions are observed. After three semesters of online courses, we as the Presidential Board of Fulda University of Applied Sciences believe that this is urgently needed, and have therefore decided to offer our courses face-to-face throughout the winter semester 2021/22.
All precautions for face-to-face courses will be taken by the start of the semester and coordinated with the Ministry of Science and the Health Department.
Therefore, we would like to inform you now about the most important regulations so you can prepare yourself in time for the winter semester:
- The 3G rule (vaccinated, recovered, tested) will apply to lectures on campus. We are currently assuming that compliance with the regulation will be checked on a random basis. Details will be provided in due time. It appears that the vast majority of students and employees of Fulda University of Applied Sciences will be fully vaccinated by the beginning of the semester.
- International students should inform themselves about the current regulations for entering Germany and the acceptance of vaccines not >approved by the European Union.
- Non-vaccinated students must show a current and valid test certificate and pay any costs involved themselves in accordance with the respective applicable legal requirements. The validity period of the test certificates will be communicated in due time. For students who cannot be vaccinated for medical reasons, individual solutions will be found after consultation with the departments to enable you to study regularly. In this case, a medical certificate is required.
- Please note that we will not offer all courses both online and face-to-face.
- In compliance with the 3G rule, the minimum distance of 1.5 metres in lecture halls and seminar rooms is not required. According to the current regulations, medical or FFP2 masks must then also be worn at the workplace (and of course on the way there).
- For contact tracking, it will be necessary to obtain the relevant data about which events you have attended. Of course, all legal data protection requirements will be complied with. The data is primarily collected with the help of an app called "Luca".
- We prepare all rooms so hygiene regulations can be adhered to.
Of course, we cannot predict with absolute certainty the dynamics of the infection and the associated legal requirements from the federal and state governments.
However, we are very confident that we will be able to offer you face-to-face studies in October here on our modern and attractive campus, in compliance with the required hygiene standards.
Please check our homepage on a regular basis for the latest developments.
We look forward to seeing you!
Prof. Dr. Karim Khakzar
President of Fulda University of Applied Sciences