Research is firmly anchored in the profile of Fulda University and represents a pillar of its strategic objectives. Research is interdisciplinary, application-oriented and conducted at a high academic level. It is also closely linked with research-oriented teaching and doctoral degrees.
Fulda University's research strategy can be divided into the following areas:
In January 2017, Fulda University of Applied Sciences was awarded the right to independently confer doctoral degrees in areas with a strong research focus. The implementation of this right ensures adherence to internationally recognised quality standards in doctoral degrees. The principle of cooperative doctorates will also be continued and developed. The University also strives to offer doctoral students continued support in the form of scholarships and allowances.
Internationalisation of research, development and transfer
International networks are developed strategically on the basis of the so-called European knowledge triangle with the cornerstones research, education and innovation/transfer, in other words contacts and application experience gained from European research, education and transfer projects produce mutual benefits. The internationalisation strategy will be developed further with memberships in relevant clusters, consortia and networks.
Research information system
Fulda University is part of the HeFIS network, an association of universities and universities of applied sciences in the state of Hesse which has been set up to introduce a coordinated research information system. As a pilot university, it is supporting the introduction of the information system which will act as a continuously updated directory for researchers and research activities.
Other strategic research, networking and knowledge transfer activities
- Increasing funds raised for research
- Consideration of sites suitable for research in campus extension plans
- Development of contacts with the region, for example through the membership of Fulda University Transfer Centre and partners in regional networks
- Use of knowledge transfer opportunities in the state of Hesse (e.g. joint trade fair stands) and creation of networks with universities, companies and other organisations throughout the country
- Building international networks
- Internal research funding
- Consolidation of funding and support of the University's research activities