International Course in Business
The Department of Business invites students from abroad to participate in the International Course in Business (ICB) with a focus on sustainability and digital developments in Europe and the world. ICB is a course targeted to the needs of international exchange students. Participants will enjoy an international setting, working on topics such as business management, sustainability and digitalization together with German and other international students. The ICB is fully conducted in English and up to 30 ECTS are awarded in case of successful participation. Student performance will be graded.
Courses within the programme
- Intercultural Competence - Business Simulation
- German Language A1 (other levels might be available)
- Digital Marketing or Digital Business (either one offered)
- The German and European Economy in a Global Context
- Sustainable Business Management
Application procedure /Participation costs
You may participate as an exchange student. Freemovers may be accepted upon availability of places.
Exchange students find all information on the application process here. As a freemover please be in touch with the respective coordinator at the International Office.
Nomination deadline: May 15th
Application deadline: June 1st
All students have to pay a semester fee of approx. 300 Euros, which cannot be waived. This fee includes a semester ticket, to ride local trains and busses within the state of Hessen with no additional costs.
Further, all students have to participate in the mandatory German public health insurance. Cost of approx. 100 - 110 Euros per month apply.
An overview of the estimated living costs per month can be found here.
Additional costs for the trip to Berlin and other excursions might occur.
Arrival/Buddy programme and Orientation
Whatever country you come from, you will feel at home in Fulda. There is a large number of cafés, bars, pubs and restaurants catering for all tastes. Fulda is a small but charming, safe city.
It is also worth exploring the pleasant area around the city, which is called the Rhön. Berlin, Hamburg and Munich are just three hours away by train.
- International student welcome and orientation programme: To help students settle in, over the first few days the University provides a series of information sessions and activities which allow students to meet other new international students and answer their questions on a wide range of topics.
The activities range from advice on University procedures, information on opening a bank account, campus and city tours to social evenings. The orientation programme will be published here in due time.
- Buddy programme: The University provides a “Buddy” service to ensure that the international students are guided after their arrival at Fulda train station. Please register here.
- Support services: The International Office provides advice and information on all University services, as well as on visas, financial matters, employment and life in Germany.
- Student accommodation: Accommodation generally consists of student apartments with 3-4 individual study bedrooms and a communal kitchen and bathroom. Each study bedroom is equipped with a bed, a desk and chair and a wardrobe. We provide special accommodation for married students or students with families and for students with disabilities. Organisation of housing, prices and more information here.
Programmes/Support during the semester
- Academic Services: Fulda University offers a range of student support services e.g. writing lab. Please follow this link.
- Library services: Fulda University library offers a wide range of literature online and in the shelves. Please check their website here.
- Student life: There will be offered trips and excursions every second weekend to the surrounding areas of Fulda. Student tutors offer ongoing guidance.
- Sport activities and German courses: Free weekly training is availabe in the following sport activities: various dancing classes, football, volleyball, table tennis, hockey, Thai Bo, Pilates, sword fighting and other sports are offered. Please check here.