Admission with an international degree
Application periode ends: for Non-EU Nationals June 1, 2018 / for EU-Nationals July 15, 2018
Step 1: Check your eligibility
To be eligible for admission to the IFBC Master programme, you
- hold a Bachelor degree with a minimum duration of six semesters (180 ECTS credits or equivalent), in Nutritional and Food Science, Agricultural Sciences, Food Technology, or related fields,
- with grade B (2.5 according to the German grading system) or better
- certify sufficient proficieny in English language as a Non-native speaker by
- Previous studies conducted entirely in English
- or Internationale language certificate of level C1 (list of equivalent language certificates continue to the webiste of University of Kassel) according to the Common Framework of Reference for Languages (CEF)
- or International language certificate of level B2 according to the CEF only if you as anapplicant have been working at least one year in an organisation where the communication is English within the last two years prior to the application.
Step 2: Check your application documents
A complete application for admission to the IFBC programme includes:
- Application form of uni-assist
- Application form IFBC
- Officially certified copies of all official transcripts,
- If the certificates are not in German, or English, an officially certified translation is required.
- Letters of at least two references, each in a separate envelope
- Evidence of an adequate knowledge of the English language (see step 1).
- A complete statement of objectives
- Proof of payment of the handling costs
Document copies can be certified at German embassies and consulates or by notary publics.
Step 3: Submit your application
+++The University of Kassel is in charge of the application process for the IFBC applicants. Several links guide you directly to the website of Kassel university+++
Applications from students with international qualifications, need to be processed online by uni-assist - an admissions service for German universities.
Please register in the uni-assist online portal, and start your indivual application process in uni assist. After you registered for a new account, you will receive an email with a personal activation code. Further details you find under the step-by-step information.
Please follow the application process as requested within the "uni-assist" system and then send both completed application forms (IFBC and uni-assist).
IMPORTANT: Only complete applications including the handling costs, will be processed (more on the payment of the handling costs)
All corresponding documents have to be send directly to the following address:
University of Kassel
c/o uni-assist e.V.
Step 4: Do not miss the application deadlines
Application deadlines are for
- Non-EU Nationals who have earned a first degree outside Germany - JUNE 1
- EU-Nationals who have earned a first degree outside Germany - JULY 15
We urge you to submit your application well before the deadlines. Applications should be submitted as early as possible. The admission board assess the applications continously.
Entry is yearly in winter term, only.
Step 5: Pay the handling costs
The handling costs for a first application at a uni-assist member university is EUR 75.
If you apply to several universities through uni-assist during the same semester, the fee is EUR 15 per additional university.
Status: August 2017 - please check on the uni-assist website for details.
Step 6: Track the application process
- After submitting your application, uni-assist will review your file and send you a letter of confirmation if your application is complete.
- If you fulfil the formal requirements for admission, uni-assist will then send your application to the IFBC admission board. It consists of representatives of Kassel University and Fulda University of Applied Sciences. They will assess you application and make an admissions decision.
- Acceptance offers are either unconditional (no additional requirements) or conditional. In the latter case, you need to present further documents on the day of enrolment at the latest in order to start your studies. Your letter of acceptance will contain detailed information of what is required.
- Uni-assist will notify you if you do not fulfil the formal requirements for admission. You may resubmit your application with additional documentation, as required, in the following year. Uni-assist will retain your application documents for one calendar year; after that date you will need to send a new application if you wish to reapply.