Head of the study programme Health Promotion
Building 25, Room 105
Leipziger Straße 123
+49 661 9640-649
- Since 03/2018: Professor (full) at Fulda University of Applied Sciences, Department of Nursing and Health Science
- 2016 to 2018: Deputy head of unit at the Federal Center for Health Education (BZgA), Cologne
- 2013 to 2016: Deputy head of the Center for Applied Health Science at Leuphana University Luenebuirg
- 2014: Doctoral degree in Philosophy (Dr. phil.) at Leuphana University of Lueneburg
- 2012 to 2013: Consultant for strategic business development at health holding Lueneburg
- 2008 to 2012: Research fellow at Leuphana University of Lueneburg
- 2009: Magister degree at Flensburg University (health psychology and health education)
- 2005 to 2008: Independent consultant for various health insurance companies and community authorities
- 2005: Diploma degree at Magdeburg-Stendal University of Applied Sciences (health promotion and health management)
- settings-based health promotion and prevention
- (digital) health communication
- evidence-based health and health information
Areas of Research
- settings-based health promotion and prevention
- health education
- digital health promotion and prevention
- serious games and gamification
- mental health
- prevention of overweight
Adaptation of the HLS-EU-Q16 instrument on health literacy in simple language for people with disabilities (2018 to 2019, Sparkasse Fulda)
Evaluation of the project 'municipal structurs of health promotion for people with disabilities' (04/2019 to 12/2021)
Digital health literacy of pupils: A multiperspective preliminary study (2019 to 2020)
- German Society of Social Medicine and Prevention (DGSMP)
- German Network for occupational health promotion
- German and European Network on Mental Health
- Research Group und Core Group of the Schools for Health in Europe (SHE) Network
- Member of the HBSC study group Germany
Selection of publications (only english publications):
- Dadaczynski, K. & Hering T. (2021). Health Promoting Schools in Germany. Mapping the Implementation of Holistic Strategies to Tackle NCDs and Promote Health. International Journal of Environment and Public Health, 18, 2623.
- Dadaczynski, K., Kotarski, C., Rathmann, K. & Okan, O. (2021). Health literacy and mental health of school principals: Results from a German cross-sectional survey. Health Education. doi.org/10.1108/HE-10-2020-0094
- Dadaczynski, K., Okan, O., Messer, M., Leung, A., Rosário, R., Darlington, E. & Rathmann, K. (201). Digital Health Literacy and Web-Based Information Seeking Behaviors of University Students in Germany During the COVID-19 Pandemic. Cross-sectional Survey Study. Journal of Medical Internet Research, 23, e24097.
- Dadaczynski, K. & Tolks. D. (202). Digital health communication and health literacy in times of COVID-19. Planning and implementation of a special course of study in health promotion and prevention. GMS Journal for Medical Education, 38(1), Doc31.
- Dodd, R., Dadaczynski, K., Okan, O. & Pickles, K. (2021). Psychological wellbeing and academic experience of university students in Australia during COVID-19. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 18, 866.
- Kor, P., Leung, A. Y. M., Parial, L. L., Wong, E., Dadaczynski, K., Orkan, O., Amoah, P. A., Wang S. S., Deng, R., Cheung, T. & Molassiotis, A. (2021). Are the people with chronic diseases satisfied with the online health information related to COVID-19 during the pandemic? Journal of Nursing Scholarship, 53(1), 75-86.
- Leung, A.Y.M., Parial, L.L., Tolabing, C.C., Sim, T., Mo, P., Okan, O. & Dadaczynski, K. (2021). Strong sense of coherence buffers the impact of low digital health literacy on anxiety in aging population during the COVID-19 pandemic: A path analysis study. Aging and Mental Health. https://doi.org/10.1080/13607863.2020.1870206
- Patil, U., Kostareva, U., Hadley, M., Manganello, J.A., Okan, O., Dadaczynski, K., Massey, P.M., Agner, J. & Sentell, T. (2021). Health Literacy, Digital Health Literacy, and COVID-19 Pandemic Attitudes and Behaviors in U.S. College Students: Implications for Interventions. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 18, 3301.
- Dadaczynski, K., Jensen, B.B., Grieg-Viig, N., Sormunen, M., von Seelen, J., Kuchma, V. & Vilaca. T. (2020, online first). Health, well-being and education: Building a sustainable future. The Moscow statement on Health Promoting Schools. Health Education, 120, 11-19.
- Dadaczynski, K., Rathmann, K., Hering, T. & Orkan, O. (2020). The Role of School Leaders' Health Literacy for the Implementation of Health Promoting Schools. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 17:1855. https://doi.org/10.3390/ijerph17061855
- Dadaczynski, K., Paulus, P. & Horstmann, D. (2020). The predictive value of individual and work-related resources for the health and work satisfaction of German school principals. Health Education Journal. https://doi.org/10.1177/0017896919867118
- Bucksch, J., Häußler, A., Schnieder, K., Finne, E., Schmidt, K., Dadaczynski, K. & Sudeck, G. (2020). Physical Activity and dietery habits of older children and adolescents in Germany - Cross sectional results of the 2017/18 HBSC study and trends. Journal of Health Monitoring, 5, 21-36.
- Geene, R., Babitsch, B., Hassel, H., Kliche, T., Paulus, P., Quilling, E., Süß, W., Walter, U. & Dadaczynski, K. (2020). Conceptual approaches in the prevention of child overweight in Germany—the research project ‘Systematization of Conceptual Approaches’ (SCAP). Journal of Public Health, 28, 41-44.
- Tolks, D., Sailer, M., Dadaczynski, K., Lamper, C., Huberty, J. & Horstmann, D. (2019). ONYA - The Wellbeing Game: How to use gamification to promote wellbeing. Information, 10:58.
- Backhaus, O., Hampel, P. & Dadaczynski, K. (2018). Effort-Reward Imbalance and Burnout in German Kindergarten Educators. European Journal of Health Psychology, 25, 73-82.
- Buijs, G., Dadaczynski, K., Schulz, A. & Vilaca, T. (Eds.) (2014). Equity, Education and Health: Learning from Practice: Case Studies of Practice presented during the 4th European Conference on Health Promoting Schools. Utrecht: CBO.
- Dadaczynski, K., Schiemann, S. & Backhaus, O. (2017). Promoting physical activity in worksite settings: results of a German pilot study of the online intervention Healingo fit. BMC Public Health, 17:696.
- Von Rueden, U. & Dadaczynski, K. (2017). Considerations on establishing prevention reporting at the national level in Germany. Journal of Health Monitoring, 2017 2 (S2), 8‐11.
- Dadaczynski, K. & Paulus, P. (2015). Healthy Principals – Healthy Schools? A neglected Perspective to School Health Promotion. In: V. Simovska, & P. McNamara (Hrsg.), Schools for Health and Sustainability – Theory, Research and Practice. (S. 253-273). Dordrecht: Springer.
- Dadaczynski, K. & de Vries, N. (2013). Quality based prevention of overweight in the school setting: the HEPS quality checklist. Journal of Public Health, 21(3), 297‐305.
- Dadaczynski, K. & Paulus, P. (2013). Germany: Anschub.de – Alliance for Sustainable School Health and Education. In: O. Samdal & L. Rowling (Hrsg.), The Implementation of Health Promoting Schools: Exploring the theories of what, why and how. (S. 139‐142). Milton Park: Routledge.
- Dadaczynski, K., de Ruiter, S., Buijs, G. & de Vries, N. K. (2012). euPrevent quality checklist. A checklist to assess the quality of community based health promoting programs. Maastricht: euprevent. http://tinyurl.com/zeurjan
- Simovska, V., Dadaczynski, K. & Woynarowska, B. (2012). Healthy Eating and Physical Activity in Schools in Europe: A Toolkit for Policy Development and its Implementation. Health Education, 112(6), 513‐524.
- Dadaczynski, K. & Paulus, P. (2010). International Survey of Principals Concerning Emotional and Mental Health and Well‐Being: Country Report Germany. http://tinyurl.com/gwue5nr
- Dadaczynski, K., Paulus, P., de Vries, N., Ruiter, S. & Buijs, G. (2010). HEPS Inventory Tool: an inventory tool including quality assessment of school interventions on healthy eating and physical activity. Woerden: NIGZ. http://tinyurl.com/zzr4lrw
- Simovska, V., Dadaczynski, K., Grieg Viig, N. et al. (2010). HEPS Tool for Schools: A Guide for School Policy Development on Healthy Eating and Physical Activity. Woerden: NIGZ. http://tinyurl.com/h4v8eqf
- Tolks, D., Horstmann, D., Dadaczynski, K., & Paulus, P. (2018). The Wellbeing Game: How to promote wellbeing using gamification: Adaptation of a gamified web application in German context. in IEEE 6th International Conference on Serious Games and Applications for Health
- Co-Chair of the research group of the Schools for Health in Europe (SHE) network
- Co-Convenor of the network „Health Education“ of the European Educational Resarch Association (EERA)
- ad-hoc reviewer, e.g. for: Health Promotion International, Journal of Public Health, Preventive Medicine, Nutrients, Zeitschrift für Bildungsforschung, Gesundheitsförderung und Prävention, Bundesgesundheitsblatt - Gesundheitsforschung – Gesundheitsschutz
- Member of the scientific adisory council of the research project "The wellbeing game: development of a gamified intervention to promote mental health and wellbeing through digital media" at Leuphana University of Lueneburg