Sustainable Food Systems (SusFoods)
Master of Science (M.Sc.)
- discontinued -
This European master's degree programme is tailored for students who are looking for an international degree with an intercultural and interdisciplinary focus on sustainable food systems along the value chain from farm to fork, are interested in sustainable food production and how to manage and implement food production related activities in a sustainable way, want to benefit from a structured mobility scheme allowing to study at two different institutions at minimum, are aiming at flexible career options within management positions in the food sector.
Structure of the programme
The programme is entirely taught in English and implies to study at least in two partner countries (Belgium, Denmark, Germany, France, Romania).
- The first semester students chose one of the two home university which is offered parallel in Germany and Romania.
- The second semester is a specialization: Sustainable food chains (Germany), Economics (Romania), Food technology and microstructure (Belgium) or Raw Material and Processing (Denmark).
- The third semester is offered by ISARA-Lyon and deals with food innovation, entrepreneurship and management.
- The fourth semester is dedicated to the Master's thesis.
The university partners - the SusFoods Consortium
The MSc Food Systems is a joint venture of six leading European higher education institutes:
- University of Kassel in Witzenhausen (Faculty of Organic Agricultural Sciences)
- University of Applied Sciences Fulda (Faculty of Nutritional, Food and Consumer Sciences
- University of Ghent, Belgium (Faculty of Bioscience Engineering)
- Institute Supérieur d'Àgriculture et d'Àgroalimentaire Rhône-Alpes Lyon (France)
- University of Agricultural Sciences and Veterinary Medicine Cluj-Napoca, Romania Faculty of Economic Sciences)
- University Aarhus, Denmark (Faculty of Science and Technology, Department of Food Science)