Information on the library opening
On September 23rd, 2020, the library at the Heinrich von Bibra Platz location will open its doors again.
All media orders placed up to September 20th can be picked up at the Campus until September 22nd, 5.00 pm.
All media orders placed from September 21st on can be picked up again at the Heinrich von Bibra Platz location from September 23rd.
Orders not picked up on Campus by September 22nd can also be picked up again at the Heinrich von Bibra Platz location from September 23rd.
Interlibrary loan orders can also be picked up again from September 23rd at the Heinrich von Bibra Platz location. The only exceptions are interlibrary loan orders, which can only be viewed in the reading room. These can still only be viewed at the Campus.
From September 23rd on it is possible again to visit the special exhibition "Adam Joseph Schwank: Freimaurer - Rechtsgelehrter - Sammler" ("Adam Joseph Schwank: Freemason - Jurist - Collector") on the 1st floor.
- In order to trace chains of infection, only registered users are allowed to enter the library. Please have your valid library card ready at the respective entrances.
- Access to HLB is restricted at both locations.
A maximum of 110 people may use the library at the Campus location at the same time. Access to the working places and the shelving area is possible.
At the Heinrich von Bibra Platz location, you can only return media and pick up previously requested media at the moment.
Please ensure that you keep the minimum distance yourself.
- Furthermore, masks are compulsory in the library!
- Only media can be borrowed that have been ordered at least two days before via FILIP!
- A collection of the ordered/reserved media is therefore only possible on the opening day after next or as soon as you have received a notification e-mail.
- The media are arranged on the collection shelf according to the last 4 digits of your library card number.
- Interlibrary loan media can be collected and returned at the service counter.
What exactly does this mean for me?
Heinrich von Bibra Platz location
The Heinrich-von-Bibra-Platz location will open its doors again as of September 23rd. Please request the required media via the search portal FILIP.
You can pick up your requested media at the Heinrich-von-Bibra-Platz location on the day after next or when you receive an e-mail.
- As students and staff of the University of Applied Sciences Fulda you can enter the library. 110 working places (some of them are PC working stations), the shelving areas and copying machines on the 1st and 2nd floors are accessible. Only 110 users are allowed in the library at the same time. Please bring along your own laptop or notebook if necessary.
- Each person must also take one of the baskets provided at the entrance of the library.
- Bags must be locked in the lockers.
- All other users may only enter the library to pick up media previously ordered via the search portal FILIP (maximum 5 persons at the same time).
- Masks are compulsory (except when working at a working places).
Why does the library only open with a basic service?
Can I borrow media?
Yes, but only if you have requested the media in advance via the search portal FILIP. You can place a maximum of 10 requests simultaneously. A collection of the requested media is only possible on the opening day after next. The media will be kept ready for you on the pick-up shelf at the respective location for seven days. Although it is technically possible to order the journal volumes of the Campus location, the volumes cannot be borrowed.
Students or employees of the Fulda University of Applied Sciences have access to the shelf areas at Campus location (maximum 110 persons at a time). They can take the media from the shelves and borrow them via the self-checkout. It is also possible to place a request in advance via the search portal FILIP.
Which media are not for loan at the moment?
Can I return media?
At the Campus location you can return media via the outside return machine (also out of opening hours).
At the Heinrich von Bibra Platz location media can be returned as of Sept 23rd 2020.
Can I return media to the HLB by mail?
This is possible in exceptional cases. The shipping risk lies with you.
Please send the media in good time so that we receive them before the end of the loan period.
You will find the respective postal addresses under the following link.
What about extensions of loan period?
Please note your loan periods and extend it if necessary. If an extension is not possible, please return the medium in due time.
How can I pay overdue fees?
Before paying the overdue fees, the reminded media must have been returned.
- Please pay your overdue fees at the Campus location at the automatic pay terminal. To pay at the pay terminal you need your library card number and password as well as a debit card (EC card).
- Please pay your overdue fees at the Heinrich von Bibra Platz location at the automatic pay terminal. To pay at the pay terminal you need your library card number and password as well as a debit card (EC card) or cash.
- You can pay overdue fees for reminded media that you have returned, also by bank transfer:
|Payee:||University of Fulda|
|IBAN:||DE85 5005 0000 0001 0064 93|
|Reason for payment:||Overdue fees HLB, library card number, surname and first name|
What about interlibrary loans?
- The collection and return of requested media is only possible at the service counters.
- Interlibrary loan fees are paid via the pay terminal at the respective location.
- Interlibrary loan media, which are only supplied by the lending library for use in the reading room, are made available to you at the Campus location.
- Since not all libraries are yet participating in interlibrary loan again, delivery delays and cancellations may occur. We ask for your understanding.
My password does not work or I do not have one. What can I do?
You can have a (new) password assigned. Please click on the button "Login" in the search portal FILIP and there on the link "Passwort vergessen". Then enter your library card number and confirm it with ok. A link will be sent to the e-mail address stored in your user account (for students it is the university e-mail address), via which you can access a form to set a new password using a secure data connection.
My library card expired. What can I do?
Users from the city and the region of Fulda are kindly requested to come to the service counter at the Heinrich von Bibra Platz location.
If you have problems with your student chip card, please contact our colleagues at the campus location.
Can I apply for a library card now?
Can I make scans or copies?
- You have access to the photocopiers and scanners on the 1st and 2nd floors at the campus location, provided that the number of 110 persons (maximum 95 members of the Fulda University of Applied Sciences and 15 non-members) who are in the library at the same time is not exceeded.
Only one person at a time is allowed in the rooms with a copier and scanner.
- Unfortunately, access to the copiers and scanners at the Heinrich von Bibra Platz location is not possible.
- The HLB also offers employees and students of the Fulda University of Applied Sciences a scanning service for literature that cannot be borrowed. Scans of specialist literature are made exclusively from the HLB's printed holdings (with the exception of the historical stock on Heinrich-von-Bibra-Platz location), provided that no borrowable (reservable) items are available. Please use the form provided for this purpose. We will leave a printed copy of the scans at the respective service counter for you to pick up free of charge within approximately 3 working days.
Can I get detailed advice in the library?
You do not receive detailed advice in the library currently. It is only one place occupied at the service counter to answer comprehension questions.
However, if you have any questions about library use, you have the following possibilities:
Write to service(at)hlb.hs-fulda.de
During opening hours you can reach us on the phone at
If you have problems finding the right literature for your seminar paper, your research project or your thesis or you have general questions about the literatur search, databases or Citavi, you are welcome to contact us for arrange appointments for online training and consultation.
I am a student and have problems with the chip card. What to do?
Please contact the students' office,
- if you have not received a chip card as a freshman
- if you have lost your chip card
- if your library account is blocked because you are exmatriculated but you are sure that this is not the case.
Where do children get help?
The team in the children's and youth department is happy to help with any questions. In the children's consultation hours, children can ask the colleagues in the children's department directly if they need help.
|When?||Tuesday||2 - 5 pm|
During opening hours you can also call this number: 0661/9640-9850.
There is also a lending guide (in German) especially for children so that they can easily order media.