Information on library opening at Corona times
UPDATE Jan 05:
The HLB is open at the following times:
• Campus location: Mon - Fri 8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
• Heinrich von Bibra Platz location: Mon, Wed, Thu 9.30 a.m. - 5 p.m.; Tues and Fri 9.30 a.m. - 6 p.m.
• On Saturdays, both locations will be temporarily closed until 31.01.2021.
Media can be requested via the FILIP search portal and will be made available within two opening days at the latest. You will be notified by e-mail.
The HLB at the Heinrich von Bibra Platz location is no longer accessible in the shelving areas. A maximum of 5 people may enter the building at the same time exclusively to collect and return media.
The HLB at the Campus location can be used as before with the known restrictions.
At both locations, the wearing of a mouth-nose covering is required for the duration of the stay and the observance of hygiene rules.
Compulsory use of masks
Mouth and nose covers (MNB) are to be worn continuously not only in the traffic areas but also at the public workplaces at the Campus locations. MNBs include any covering of the mouth and nose adjacent to the face that helps to reduce the spread of droplets and aerosols caused by coughing, sneezing or pronunciation. Plastic visors are not acceptable MNBs.
Access and infection chain tracing
- Only registered users are allowed to enter the library in order to trace chains of infection. Please have your valid library card ready at the entrance.
You can apply for a free library card using the online registration form.
- Without a library card, entry is only possible with registration based on an identity document (identity card, passport).
- Access to HLB is restricted at both locations.
- A maximum of 110 people may use the library at the Campus location at the same time. Access to the workplaces and the self-retrieval of media from the shelves is possible.
- A maximum of 5 people may use the library at Heinrich von Bibra Platz at the same time exclusively to collect and return media. It is not possible to take the media from the shelves yourself. The workplaces are currently not accessible.
Scanners and copiers
- You can use the copiers and scanners on the ground floor and the 1st and 2nd floors of the Campus location. Only one person at a time is allowed in these rooms.
- Access to the copiers and scanners at Heinrich von Bibra Platz is not possible.
- The HLB also offers all library users a scanning service for literature that cannot be borrowed. Scans of specialist literature are delivered exclusively from the HLB's printed holdings (with the exception of the old holdings at Heinrich von Bibra Platz), provided that there are no borrowable (reservable) copies. Please use the form provided for this purpose. We will provide you with a printed copy of the scans within about 3 working days, ready for collection at the respective service counter. The service is free of charge for students and employees, readers from the city and region pay 0.20 euros per copy.
Service, advice and training offers
We are always there for you and are pleased to advise you. Please use the following contact details:
- For general questions regarding library use and literature search, please contact the service counters. You can also reach the colleagues by phone: 0661 / 9640-9810 (Campus Location), -9850 (Heinrich-von-Bibra-Platz Location), -9880 (Children and Youth Department) or write to service(at)hlb.hs-fulda.de or kiju(at)hlb.hs-fulda.de (Children and Youth Department).
- For special questions about literature search in FILIP, for questions regarding literature search in databases or the reference management software Citavi please contact the training team at Campus. Reachable by telephone at 0661 / 9640-9821, -9822 or write to: schulungsteam-c(at)hlb.hs-fulda.de
Our training and consulting services are currently only available as online meetings.
- For questions about e-media: emedien(at)hlb.hs-fulda.de
- For questions about our historical holdings: rara(at)hlb.hs-fulda.de