Information on the library opening
The University and State Library will remain open at both locations in November!
As of November 02, 2020, mouth and nose covers (MNB) are to be worn continuously not only in the traffic areas but also at the public workplace at both library locations. MNBs are any covering of the mouth and nose that is close to the face and that helps to reduce the spread of droplets and aerosols caused by coughing, sneezing or pronunciation. Plastic visors are not acceptable MNBs.
- Masks are compulsory in the library! (see above)
- In order to trace chains of infection, only registered users are allowed to enter the library. Please have your valid library card ready at the respective entrances.
You can apply for a free library card using the online registration form.
- Access to HLB is restricted at both locations.
- A maximum of 110 people may use the library at the Campus location at the same time. Access to the workstations and self-service access to the volumes are possible again.
- A maximum of 25 people may use the library at Heinrich von Bibra Platz at the same time. Self-service access to the volumes is possible again.
- You can order volumes from the stacks. These are made available for checking out every half hour on the pick-up shelf.
- We are very pleased about your visit. However, we kindly ask you not to stay on our premises any longer than is necessary to allow other users access. Thank you very much for your understanding!
Why does the library only open with a basic service?
Can I borrow media?
A maximum of 110 people (95 students and 15 external users) have simultaneous access to the shelf areas on campus. They can take the media from these areas and check them out.
Heinrich von Bibra Platz location:
At Heinrich von Bibra Platz a maximum of 25 people may enter the library at the same time and have access to all shelf areas.
The journals of the reading café must be requested in advance and are ready for collection the next day.
For media that cannot be borrowed we continue to offer you our scan service. Please use the form provided for this purpose. We will provide you with a printed copy of the scans at the respective service counter within about 3 working days. The service is free of charge for students and employees, users from the city and region pay 0.20 euros per copy.
Can I return media?
At the Campus location you can return media via the outside return machine (also out of opening hours).
Media can be returned at the Heinrich von Bibra Platz during opening hours.
Please note that audio pens (Bookii, Ting, Tiptoi), Kamishibais (narrative theatre), media boxes, parlour games/board games, e-book readers (Tolinos) and Tonies/Tonieboxes (audio figurines/players) cannot be returned via the outside return machine.
Can I return media to the HLB by mail?
This is possible as an exception. The shipping risk lies with you.
Please send the media in good time so that we receive them before the end of the loan period.
You will find the respective postal addresses under the following link.
What about renewals of the loan period?
Please note your loan periods and renew them if necessary. If a renewal is not possible, please return the media in due time.
How can I pay overdue fees?
Before paying the overdue fees, the reminded media must have been returned.
- Please pay your overdue fees at the Campus location at the automatic pay terminal. To pay at the pay terminal you need your library card number and password as well as a debit card (EC card).
- Please pay your overdue fees at the Heinrich von Bibra Platz location at the automatic pay terminal. To pay at the pay terminal you need your library card number and password as well as a debit card (EC card) or cash.
- You can pay overdue fees for reminded media that you have returned, also by bank transfer:
|Payee:||University of Fulda|
|IBAN:||DE85 5005 0000 0001 0064 93|
|Reason for payment:||Overdue fees HLB, library card number, surname and first name|
What about interlibrary loans?
- The collection and return of requested media is only possible at the service counters.
- Interlibrary loan fees are paid via the pay terminal at the respective location.
- Since not all libraries are yet participating in interlibrary loan again, delivery delays and cancellations may occur. We ask for your understanding.
My password does not work or I do not have one. What can I do?
My library card expired. What can I do?
Users from the city and the region of Fulda are kindly requested to come to the service counter at the Heinrich von Bibra Platz location.
If you have problems with your student chip card, please contact our colleagues at the campus location.
Can I apply for a library card now?
Can I make scans or copies?
- You can use the copiers and scanners on the 1st and 2nd floors of the Campus location. Only one person at a time is allowed in these rooms.
- Access to the copiers and scanners at Heinrich von Bibra Platz is not possible.
- The HLB also offers all library users a scanning service for literature that cannot be borrowed. Scans of specialist literature are delivered exclusively from the HLB's printed holdings (with the exception of the old holdings at Heinrich von Bibra Platz), provided that there are no borrowable (reservable) copies. Please use the form provided for this purpose. We will provide you with a printed copy of the scans within about 3 working days, ready for collection at the respective service counter. The service is free of charge for students and employees, readers from the city and region pay 0.20 euros per copy.
Can I get detailed advice in the library?
We are always there for you and are pleased to advise you. Please use the following contact details:
- For general questions regarding library use and literature search, please contact the service counters. You can also reach the colleagues by phone: 0661 / 9640-9810 (Campus Location), -9850 (Heinrich-von-Bibra-Platz Location), -9880 (Children and Youth Department) or write to service(at)hlb.hs-fulda.de or kiju(at)hlb.hs-fulda.de.
- For special questions about literature search in FILIP, for questions regarding literature search in databases or the reference management software Citavi: schulungsteam-c(at)hlb.hs-fulda.de
- For questions about e-media: emedien(at)hlb.hs-fulda.de
- For questions about our historical holdings: rara(at)hlb.hs-fulda.de
I am a student and have problems with the chip card. What to do?
Please contact the students' office,
- if you have not received a chip card as a freshman
- if you have lost your chip card
- if your library account is blocked because you are exmatriculated but you are sure that this is not the case.