International Course in Social Work
The Department of Social Work (Fachbereich Sozialwesen) invites students from abroad to attend the following course.
“Social Work in an International Context and Intercultural Competences in Theory and in Practice”
International Course in Social Work 2021 is cancelled due to COVID-19 Pandemic
- Course for international and German students on different aspects of social work and intercultural communication
- The course and project work will be conducted in English. The internship is supported by an English-speaking advisor, but the students need to know that in some internship institutions German is spoken among the children/youth (kindergarten, youth center).
- Students should have completed the first year of a BA in Social Work or of a comparable study programme.
- Credit points will be awarded for all modules and student performance will be graded.
- The course is free of charge for exchange students.
- Enrolment fee: approx €300, including a pass for public transport within the federal state of Hesse
- Cost of accommodation: approx €230-300 per month, mandatory health insurance approx €90 per month
- Cost of study visits to Berlin and Weimar (optional) must be covered by the student (approx €270).
- For all academic questions please contact Prof. Dr. Martina Ritter, martina.ritter(at)sw.hs-fulda.de
- For all organisational questions please contact Ms Carola Ossenkopp, carola.ossenkopp(at)verw.hs-fulda.de