International student support
The International Office has established a support system to help international students to settle in
Fulda – a city for all
Whatever country you come from, you will feel at home in Fulda. There is a large number of cafés, bars, pubs and restaurants catering for all tastes. Fulda is a small but charming, safe city.
It is also worth exploring the pleasant area around the city, which is called the Rhön. Berlin, Hamburg and Munich are just three hours away by train.
- All international postgraduate students as well as first-year students from Africa, Asia and Arab countries and exchange students are guaranteed accommodation.
- We provide good residential accommodation at a reasonable price (between €220 and €260 including utilities).
- Accommodation generally consists of student apartments with 3-4 individual study bedrooms and a communal kitchen and bathroom. Each study bedroom is equipped with a bed, a desk and chair and a wardrobe.
- We provide special accommodation for married students or students with families and for students with disabilities.
- The International Office provides advice and information on all University services, as well as on visas, financial matters, employment and life in Germany.
Free train station collection
- The University provides a “Meet and Greet” service to ensure that the international students are met by a University representative when they arrive at the train station.
International student welcome and orientation programme
To help students settle in, over the first few days the University provides a series of information sessions and activities which allow students to meet other new international students and answer their questions on a wide range of topics.
- The activities range from advice on University procedures, information on opening a bank account, campus and city tours to social evenings.
Programmes during the semester
- One excursion each semester (e.g. Berlin, Weimar, the Nuremburg Christmas market)
- Social evenings with German students twice a month
- Visits to cultural events (concerts, cinema, etc.)
- Free use of general university equipment: computer pools, internet, email, etc.
- Ongoing guidance by student tutors
Sport activities and German courses
- Free weekly training in the following sport activities: belly dancing, break dancing, Irish tap dancing, football, volleyball, table tennis, hockey, Thai Bo
- The University offers international students German courses at different levels during the semester.
Point of contact for exchange students
Student Exchange Coordinator - Overseas
Building 10, Room 205
Phone: +49 (0) 661 / 9640 205
Point of Contact for Postgraduate and 1st Year Students
Building 10, Room 202
Phone: +49 (0) 661 / 9640 1719