We live in an increasingly mobile world: People, imaginaries, knowledges, objects, and capital are on the move. Fuelled by new technologies and globalisation, they cross political, social, and cultural borders and create a global net of connections. Movements through space often go along with social mobility of individuals or groups of people, resulting in changes of economic positions and social status. Yet, not everybody and not everything is spatially or socially mobile: Disconnections and exclusions are created by manifold structural and legal constrains, discourses of foreclosure, or norms of sedentary lives.
The Fulda International Autumn School 2022 invites doctoral researchers and Master’s students to explore the diversity of (im)mobilities and their interrelation with social justice. From an interdisciplinary perspective, including sociological, political, legal, and intercultural approaches, we will scrutinize
- forms, drivers, and implications of (im)mobilities,
- patterns of inequality, highlighting the intersections of gender, race, and class,
- political and legal instruments that shape (im)mobility. We are particularly interested in the opportunities and predicaments of social, economic, and cultural human rights.
The one-week programme offers different formats of exchange:
- Keynotes and lectures from senior scholars will introduce the participants to the relevant research fields.
- Interactive workshops will provide a platform to bring in your questions and exchange ideas. We invite doctoral and Master’s students to present own projects and discuss your current research challenges in a creative and supportive atmosphere.
- Hybrid format: We are looking forward to an on-site event and offer grants for international participants. To further reduce barriers, online participation is equally possible.
How to participate?
- To discuss your own project, please send us your proposal by 15 August 2022 to fgcss-autumnschool(at)sk.hs-fulda.de
- You want to participate without a presentation? Contact us!
Please find more information in our Call for Contributions.
In case of any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact fgcss-autumnschool(at)sk.hs-fulda.de